Monday 22 July 2013

Seymour Duncan JB & Fender Vintage Noiseless


When it comes to pickups, I have to admit that i'm a little too choosey but you can never go wrong with Seymour Duncan JB pickups.

I've fitted the JB (which I bought used at a local music store) to my Squier '51 (also bought used several years back) replacing the old stock bridge pickup.

It really sounds great, no wonder it is considered to be the most popular aftermarket pickup in the world. 

I've also made changes on the neck pickup which is now fitted with Fender Noiseless Pickup. Actually I was looking for Seymour Duncan '59 JR but couldn't get 1 so I choose Fender Noiseless Pickup. Why?? It was recommended by the shop owner. It produces crisp, clear & quiet output.

To make it interesting I maintained the selector switch to its original configuration (with a split humbucker option). Now i have a guitar with variable tones. 

Now I have one incredibly versatile guitar. The combo is capable of covering everything from country to blues, through to rock, punk, and even most forms of metal. These two pickups offer so much to any guitar player, and it’s definitely worth trying both of them out in any Single-Humbucker guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment